Monday, June 22, 2009

Ladies Night ... literally.

So last Friday was ladies night. And I believe my exact quote from my posting on Friday was "Maybe if I go out with only ladies, I will attract men. Seems obvious right? Its a theory I'm willing to test. " Well... exactly the opposite happened.

My girlfriends and I got all dressed up and cute for a night on the town. Now, I didn't really try to talk to any guys so that might be first reason I didn't attract men that night (and may also be a good indication of why I'm single). But at one point during the night, I was sitting at the bar by myself and enjoying some people watching, while my friends were all on the dance floor.

I had been sitting by myself for a couple of minutes when two young women appeared beside me. They immediately introduced themselves and asked me what my name was. Then one of them said "Tonight's my roommate's last night in DC." "Oh really?" I said. I asked what city she was moving to, all the while wondering what these girls wanted with me. Then, both of them looked at me intently and one of the girls moved closer and said "But anyway, tonight's my roommate's last night in DC." Okay, I thought, I get it, she's moving away. Then she quickly added "And your friend is really cute, too." I turned to look at who she was pointing at, and there was my friend, Jen, dancing and laughing on the dance floor.

Apparently now very confused and clueless, I pointed to Jen and responded, "Oh yes, you mean Jen? Yes, she is very pretty!"  Jen saw all three of us pointing and looking at her and she smiled back at us.  I turned back to the two girls and we just stared at each other in awkward silence.  "Okay, well, talk to you later."  One of them said as they bounced back over to the larger group that they were with.

At that point, one of my other friends came over to me and I mentioned that two girls may have wanted to go home with me and Jen that night, and how that was a first for me!  The thought came and went out of my mind, until the next morning.  I thought, 1.  I'm definitely going to use the line "Tonight is my last night in DC." next time I approach strangers at bars., and  2.  Wow, "ladies night" really just meant ladies night that night.   I had to smile. 

This weekend I have a bachelorette party to attend, the ultimate ladies night, who knows who I'll attract that night!

2 comments:

  1. how does one get into these situations. like a sitcom. best(worst?) p/u line ever.

    ReplyDelete